The ECL Program is a new awards program offered by the Coastal Institute (CI) for URI graduate students from interdisciplinary backgrounds who aspire to pursue careers in coastal, marine, and estuarine science and management.
The two-year appointment to the ECL Program gives the members access to the following:
- The network of CI Senor Fellows for professional mentoring, which in turn can lead to internship and research opportunities.
- CI organized events, such as the annual fellow field trip, film screenings, and lectures.
- CI communications via email and other media
- Promotion of the ECL participants’ profiles and work on CI social media
- A $750 dollar award that can be used for items such as research supplies, conference travel or the publication of a paper in a peer reviewed journal.
The 2023 awardees will be announced during the CI’s 2023 holiday gathering (December 15 at 2pm).
CI Emerging Coastal Leaders Application
"*" indicates required fields