The CI catalyzes inclusive and interdisciplinary coastal and marine research, innovation, partnerships, and communications to benefit current and future generations. We do this by:
- Providing return on investment by supporting and growing URI’s coastal and marine research portfolio
- Building a nationally and internationally recognized network of leaders in coastal and marine science.
- Fostering a community that seeks to collaborate on new initiatives and add value to existing projects.
- Supporting and strengthening relationships with local, state, and federal agencies, tribal partners, universities, and other stakeholders
- Sharing and providing an inclusive space for dialogue around interdisciplinary coastal and marine science.